Parkour and Tricking
Parkour utilizes different types of athletic movement, such as running, jumping, climbing, and rolling to navigate obstacles in the quickest and most efficient way possible.
Tricking combines martial arts and gymnastics in a series of kicks, flips, and twists! It also incorporates some moves and styles from breakdancing. The goal is to display different combinations of tricks that make up a smooth, visually awesome pass. *Requirement: Must have a round off
Fees are due at the time of registration. All fees are non refundable and no credit can be given. Does not apply to classes through Yosemite/Monarch, Central Valley Regional Center or Self Determination.
- One class per week: $70/month
- Two classes per week: $135/month
For class times and prices for classes through Yosemite/Monarch charter schools, please refer to our Yosemite/Monarch schedule.
To participate in our programs, first check with our office staff for class availability by calling (559) 432-6292, then fill out the Child Liability Waiver (for students under 18yrs) or the Adult Liability Waiver (for students 18yrs+). Once you have submitted the form, contact the office to secure a space in class.
To ensure a successful experience for all students at Break the Barriers, a student may be transferred to a class that is more beneficial to them at the discretion of the Director.
Sometimes a doctor’s release is required to participate if a student has specific physical or medical conditions such as (but not limited to) heart conditions, epilepsy, or bone and joint issues. Please contact us if you have questions about specific medical conditions.
- Absolutely NO tummies showing (we suggest wearing a leotard or biketard underneath shorts and shirts)
- No low-cut shirts (front or back)
- No spaghetti straps (tank-style shirts must have a minimum 1inch shoulder strap)
- All shorts must have at least a 6 inch inseam (no high cut bottoms or short shorts)
- No gum
- Sweatpants okay during winter months
- Must be barefoot or wearing a gymnastics shoe
- Long hair must be tied back
Parkour & Tricking Program Schedule
There are currently no events
It is so nice to see Jack feeling good about himself because he can do all the things his coaches ask him to do because he is not afraid.BTB Parent
We strive to prepare our staff to effectively work with and teach children of all abilities to be in a class with other students. All staff are required to attend workshops where they:
- Trained in an ability awareness class with co-founder, Deby Hergenrader
- Familiarized with ASD
- Learn how to use PECs, a structured schedule, social stories, and the Timed Timer
- Co-teach spectrum classes with a trained staff member
Thank you to our MAJOR sponsors