Monarch River Academy-Yosemite Valley Charter
We pride ourselves in the quality of our programs.
Break the Barriers is proud to be listed as a vendor for Monarch River Academy and Yosemite Valley Charter. We provide quality programs and classes in dance, gymnastics, aerial silks, martial arts, and archery. You can view all of our class schedule below. When ordering your Enrichment Certificate, please refer to the class fees listed on this page under Session Fees. If you are still unsure of the amount you need to request, please contact us at (559) 432-6292.
*Due to COVID Restrictions some students may require an adult to be with them during the class. See the ofﬁce for more information.
Session fees are for 1 hour/week.
- Gymnastics/Tumbling/Parkour: $298.50
- Archery: $298.50 *All new archery students are required to do an introductory class
- Martial Arts: $383.50
- Aerial *All new aerial students are required to do an introductory class
- Monday (17wks): $331.50
- Tuesday (16wks): $312
- Wednesday (16wks): $312
- Thursday (14wks): $273
- Friday (17wks): $331.50
- Saturday (17wks): $331.50
- Aerial Introductory Class: $19.50
- Monday (16 weeks): $313
- Tuesday (17 weeks): $328.50
- Wednesday (17 weeks): $328.50
- Thursday (15 weeks): $297.50
- Friday (16 weeks): $313
- Saturday (16 weeks): $313
- Monday & Tuesday Ballet Technique II (8-10 yr. old): $576.50
- Monday & Wednesday BTB Dance Co: $576.50
- PrePointe I & II: $796.50
- Wednesday 3:00pm Beginning Teen Ballet: $263.50
- Thursday 7:00pm Adult Ballet: $232.50
- Friday 5:00pm African: $248
- Saturday 9:00am Ballet Technique Class: $372
Check the enrichment ordering system used by Monarch River Academy and Yosemite Valley Charter to view the list of classes that we are offering. Order you Enrichment Certificate for the class of your choice, then bring a hardcopy of the Enrichment Certificate to Break the Barriers. When ordering your Enrichment Certificate, please refer to the class fees listed under Session Fees. If you are still unsure of the amount you need to request, please contact us at (559) 432-6292. Students who are new to Break the Barriers must have a parent fill out the Child Liability Waiver, available online or at Break the Barriers office. Once we have the Child Liability Waiver and Enrichment Certificate, we will be able to move forward with registering your child(ren) for available classes.
*PLEASE NOTE: Ordering an Enrichment Certificate does not automatically register your child(ren) for services. Please go to Break the Barriers directly to schedule/register for the desired service.
Sometimes a doctor’s release is required to participate if a student has specific physical or medical conditions such as (but not limited to) heart conditions, epilepsy, or bone and joint issues. Please contact us if you have questions about specific medical conditions.
- Absolutely NO tummies showing (we suggest wearing a leotard or biketard underneath shorts and shirts)
- No low-cut shirts (front or back)
- No spaghetti straps (tank-style shirts must have a minimum 1inch shoulder strap)
- All shorts must have at least a 6 inch inseam (no high cut bottoms or short shorts)
- No gum
- Sweatpants okay during winter months
- Must be barefoot or wearing a gymnastics shoe
- Long hair must be tied back
Students are grouped by age and gymnastics experience, not ability level. Those who quickly master their skills progress to the next level; whereas students who need more time or adaptive equipment, receive the necessary attention required to master their skills.
Fall Session: August 16 – December 18
|Program||Class||Age||Days & Times|
|Monarch River Academy-Yosemite Valley Charter||Gymnastics (TK-12th grade)||4 – 18||Monday: 1:00-2:00pm
|Monarch River Academy-Yosemite Valley Charter||Parkour (TK-12th grade)||6 – 18||Tuesday: 1:00-2:00pm
|Monarch River Academy-Yosemite Valley Charter||Tumbling (3rd-12th grade)||8 – 18||Thursday 1:00-2:00pm|
|Monarch River Academy-Yosemite Valley Charter||Archery (3rd-12th grade)||8 – 18||Monday 1:00-2:00pm
|Monarch River Academy-Yosemite Valley Charter||Martial Arts (TK-12th grade)||4 – 18||Tuesday 2:00-3:00pm
|Monarch River Academy-Yosemite Valley Charter||Dance (TK-12th grade)||4 – 18||*See schedule on Dance page|
|Monarch River Academy-Yosemite Valley Charter||Aerial (3rd-12th grade)||8 – 18||*See Schedule on Aerial page|
There are currently no events
Fidel gets so excited to go to Break the Barriers every week and it has really kept his spirits up during such a challenging year.-Gymnastics Parent
We strive to prepare our staff to effectively work with and teach children of all abilities to be in a class with other students. All staff are required to attend workshops where they:
- Trained in an ability awareness class with co-founder, Deby Hergenrader
- Familiarized with ASD
- Learn how to use PECs, a structured schedule, social stories, and the Timed Timer
- Co-teach spectrum classes with a trained staff member
Thank you to our MAJOR sponsors