We pride ourselves in the quality of our fully integrated gymnastics program.
All classes are taught by accomplished gymnasts who are experts in teaching gymnastics technique, spotting, and building students’ self-esteem. Students of all abilities are trained in the main gymnastics events including the trampoline, tumble track, parallel bars, uneven bars, high bar, spring floor, vault, rings, and balance beam. Each student is taught skills for his or her individual level in a fun and encouraging environment. If you have questions about the Gymnastics program, please contact us!
*Due to COVID Restrictions some students may require an adult to be with them during the class. See the ofﬁce for more information.
Fees are due at the time of registration. All fees are non refundable and no credit can be given.
- One hour per week: $62/student
- Two hours per week: $119/student
To participate in our programs, first check with our office staff for class availability by calling (559) 432-6292, then fill out the Child Liability Waiver (for students under 18yrs) or the Adult Liability Waiver (for students 18yrs+). Once you have submitted the form, contact the office to secure a space in class.
Sometimes a doctor’s release is required to participate if a student has specific physical or medical conditions such as (but not limited to) heart conditions, epilepsy, or bone and joint issues. Please contact us if you have questions about specific medical conditions.
Gymnastics students (toddler/preschool/5 years+) are allowed to have one make-up a month for a missed gymnastics class.
- Call the office at (559) 432-6292 to schedule a make-up class
- You have 30 days to schedule a make-up class after the absence
- Must be signed up 24 hours before scheduled make-up class
- Not allowed to make-up a make-up
- Absolutely NO tummies showing (we suggest wearing a leotard or biketard underneath shorts and shirts)
- No low-cut shirts (front or back)
- No spaghetti straps (tank-style shirts must have a minimum 1inch shoulder strap)
- All shorts must have at least a 6 inch inseam (no high cut bottoms or short shorts)
- No gum
- Sweatpants okay during winter months
- Must be barefoot or wearing a gymnastics shoe
- Long hair must be tied back
Students are grouped by age and gymnastics experience, not ability level. Those who quickly master their skills progress to the next level; whereas students who need more time or adaptive equipment, receive the necessary attention required to master their skills.
Gymnastics Toddler & Me Rules
In order to ensure that you and your child have a positive experience we request…
- Siblings who are not enrolled in the class are not allowed on the floor. This includes babies and newborns.
- Adult must be ready to assist child at all times.
- Adult is welcome to assist child with most skills; however, any skill in which the child goes upside down, child must be spotted by a coach.
- Adults cannot go on equipment with their child, they can only help near the equipment.
- Child must stay with the group at all times.
- Keep in mind, one of the main goals for this class is for the child to learn proper “class etiquette,” and basic gymnastics skills.
- One adult is to be with each child enrolled in the class.
Gymnastics Spectrum Classes
Students on the Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), or who have a special need, are given an introduction to the gymnastics class. We offer a greater number of coaches to a smaller number of students so that students can have the opportunity to become familiar with the equipment, the transitions of changes to different events, and the other skills required to be successful. The goal is to get the students ready to participate in a class with their peers. All staff are required to attend workshops where they 1) are familiarized with ASD, 2) learn how to use PECs, a structured schedule, and the Timed Timer, and 3) co-teach a spectrum class with a trained staff member.
|Program||Class||Age||Days & Times|
|Gymnastics||Toddler & Me||2 – 3||Wednesday: 10:00-11:00am
|Gymnastics||Preschool||3 – 5||Monday: 11:00am-12:00pm
|Gymnastics||Homeschool Gymnastics||4 – 17||Tuesday: 11:00am-12:00pm
|Gymnastics||Gymnastics||4 – 17||Monday: 1:00-2:00pm
|Gymnastics||Gymnastics||5 – 17||Monday: 4:00-5:00pm
|Gymnastics||Gymnastics||8 – 17||Monday: 5:00-6:00pm
|Gymnastics||Gymnastics||10 – 17||Tuesday: 7:00-8:00pm
There are currently no events
Fidel gets so excited to go to Break the Barriers every week and it has really kept his spirits up during such a challenging year.-Gymnastics Parent
We strive to prepare our staff to effectively work with and teach children of all abilities to be in a class with other students. All staff are required to attend workshops where they:
- Trained in an ability awareness class with co-founder, Deby Hergenrader
- Familiarized with ASD
- Learn how to use PECs, a structured schedule, social stories, and the Timed Timer
- Co-teach spectrum classes with a trained staff member
Thank you to our sponsors